What skills and techniques should you look for when choosing a mediator?
It would seem that the following skills and techniques are effective in producing both settlements and satisfaction for the participants (see Mediator Skills and Techniques):
- effectiveness at facilitating communication and listening;
- being active in structuring the process;
- focusing on feelings, relationships, concerns and interests;
- an emphasis on problem-solving;
- creativity at generating options and solutions;
- a greater number and variety of interventions.
I have these skills and techniques and have demonstrated them in my mediation practice. Visit Testimonials page for more information.